Carrot fries! Here’s a new take on a favorite veggie to make baked carrot fries in the oven. Best of all, this is an easy and healthy kid-friendly recipe.
While snacking on raw carrot sticks is also tasty, we like to mix things up sometimes and offer carrots in a new way.
Switching up your presentation can help boost your kids’ fruit and veggie intake too!
Plus, what kiddo doesn’t like fries?
Here’s how to make our easy baked carrot fries.
Pull 6 or 7 large carrots out of your fridge. Wash and peel them, and then slice them into thin fry-like strips.
Place your carrot sticks into a mixing bowl and toss them with olive oil to coat.
Sprinkle your fries with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Then, place your carrots onto a baking sheet spread into a single layer so they cook evenly.
Cook at 425 F for 10 minutes, give them a gentle shake, and cook for another 8-10 minutes until cooked through and slightly crispy.
Remove your fries from the oven and serve them hot. Add a side of BBQ sauce, ketchup, or another favorite condiment.
Find the full printable recipe below!
Carrot FriesPrint Recipe
- 6-7 large carrots, peeled and sliced in thin strips
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 dash salt + pepper
- 1 dash smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the peeled and sliced carrots with enough olive oil to coat, then sprinkle with salt, pepper and a dash of smoked paprika if you have it.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes, then toss and cook another 8-10 minutes until cooked through and slightly crispy.
- Remove and serve hot! We love these on their own, or with BBQ sauce or ketchup to dip in.
We think carrot fries might just become a new household favorite. Add this healthy kid-friendly recipe to your list of easy meals. Baked carrot fries in the oven can make the perfect side to any dish.
Chime In: Have you ever made fries with another veggie besides potatoes?
If you liked this post, we think you’ll like these too: